For GEMS families, students and open to our wider community
Learn a new language for business or pleasure
The World Language Learning Centre is situated on the GEMS World Academy campus in Etoy. The centre is not only available to students enrolled at the school and their parents, but also the wider community.
The World Language Learning Centre offers an exciting and innovative range of after-school and evening classes for children (aged 6+) and adults in:
Join our Summer ‘Language in Action’ programme for children aged 3-17.
Who are the courses for?
Courses are suitable for adults and children from age 6 upwards.
Cambridge English examinations
LAMDA Communication examinations
|Dutch||Certificaat Nederlands als Vreemde Taal|
- The highest quality exams since 1913
- Part of Cambridge Assessment, a not-for-profit department of the University of Cambridge, an institution with an international reputation for excellence in research and teaching
- More than 3 million candidates every year.
- Over 2,500 centres in over 130 countries.
- Examinations recognised globally by over 11,000 institutions
All exams cover the four skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Why London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts examinations in English-communication?
- One of the oldest drama schools in the United Kingdom, founded in 1861
- High standards in Communications and Performance
- A rich alumni of first-class actors.
- Build confidence to speak in public
- Qualify for UCAS points for university entry
Intensive and bespoke courses
Intensive courses and workshops will be available throughout 2015 including creative writing and language and cookery workshops in French, Italian, Spanish, German and Mandarin.
Bespoke courses can also be created for the business community to meet the specific needs of the enterprise and employees. You can find out more by clicking here.
- Open new doors personally, professionally and socially
- New opportunities and perspectives
- Ability to express yourself confidently and clearly
- The tools and confidence to thrive in today's global world
- Enhances educational development and thinking abilities
- Active hands-on learning from day 1
- Small teaching groups – a maximum of 10 students
- Individual classes for individuals
- Qualified and experienced native speaker teachers
- Classes offered evening and after-school hours during the academic year
- Classes usually scheduled for 60, 90 or 120 minutes per week
- Internationally-recognised qualifications
Which level am I?
By using the Council of Europe language assessment grid, you will be able to determine your linguistic level.
- Download the English assessment grid here
- Download the French assessment grid here
- Download the German assessment grid here
- Download the Italian assessment grid here
What were your results?
- A1 = Beginner
- A2/Lower B1 = Pre-Intermediate
- Higher B1/B2 = Intermediate
- C1/C2 = Advanced
Personalised and accredited classes for GEMS families, students and the Vaud community.
Notre première unité de recherche était sur les 5 sens. Quoi de mieux de la cuisine pour explorer nos sens !
Here is our Grade 4-5 Anglophone French Class providing the daily weather report. An interactive, practical way to learn a new language.